Last updated: February 13th, 2017
- “Agreement”: means (i) the General Terms and Conditions, (ii) the Specific Terms and Conditions and (iii) the Third-Party Licenses, available on the Websites, which a User intending to license Software or Copyright Asset must enter into with Allegorithmic.
- “Copyright Asset”: means interactive media Content including without limitation materials, brushes, patches, High Dynamic Range Images (HDRI’s), meshes, Substances and any other form of works which are subject to copyright laws, that are distributed either through (i) an Allegorithmic proprietary License on Substance Store or another proprietary Allegorithmic platform or (ii) a Creative Commons License on Substance Share.
- “Data Controller”: means the entity that determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data collected on the Websites.
- “Device”: means any device, including desktop, laptop, PC or Mac computers, smartphones, tablets, or any other device that is used to access the Services.
- “French Data Protection Act”: means the French Data Protection Act dated 6 January 1978 as modified in 2004, on the processing of personal data and the protection of individuals.
- “Personal Data”: means information that identifies You directly or indirectly, such as your name, your email address, and your credit card number.
- “Services”: means any or all of the following: Software, Copyright Assets and any other form of interactive media content that are distributed by Allegorithmic on the Websites.
- “Software”: means the Allegorithmic proprietary software products, licensed to You under the applicable Agreement.
- “Websites”: means Allegorithmic’s websites and online stores.
- “You”: means any natural or legal person visiting Websites and using Services offered by Allegorithmic or third parties.
Allegorithmic values and respects your privacy when You access and use its Websites, Software, Copyright Assets, or other services.
COLLECT OF PERSONAL DATA
Allegorithmic, as Data Controller, collects your Personal Data when You:
- create an account.
- participate in the Allegorithmic community forums.
- purchase and access Software and/or Copyright Assets.
- access and use the Websites.
- receive customer or technical support.
Your Personal Data are collected in order to:
- provide You with Services.
- enhance the quality of the Websites and Services.
- better understand your needs.
- contact You.
- send You marketing emails.
- make connections from Allegorithmic’s servers to your Device for statistical purposes in order to improve the Services.
- perform a remote monitoring of your use of the Services and check your compliance with the applicable terms and conditions.
RIGHT TO ACCESS, MODIFY, RECTIFY OR OBJECT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to access and modify your Personal Data collected by Allegorithmic. You have also the right to oppose, for legitimate purposes, the processing of your Personal Data.
You may exercise these rights by writing to email@example.com or to the following address: Allegorithmic 3, avenue Julien 63000 Clermont-Ferrand France by including a copy of a valid ID.
If You do not want to receive marketing emails from Allegorithmic anymore, You can, at any time, uninscribed from our marketing list by clicking the link posted under each email.
RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Allegorithmic does not sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties.
Allegorithmic may share your Personal Data with (i) service providers who are engaged by or working with Allegorithmic in connection with the operation of Services, and (ii) with promotional partners to send You marketing messages, if You have given your permission to receive such messages.
You understand and agree that in the event of a sale of some or all of its business or assets or in the event of a purchase of any other business or assets, Allegorithmic may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or purchaser of such business or assets. Allegorithmic does not authorize such third parties to make any use of your Personal Data other than accessing and analyzing Your Personal Data.
The aforementioned recipients may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), such as the United States. Where necessary, Allegorithmic adopts contractual measures to adequately protect your Personal Data transferred outside of the EEA in line with the French Data Protection Act.
Allegorithmic might deposit information relating to your computer’s browsing through the record of data files on your computer. These files are called “Cookies”.
- To recognize Your browser as a previous visitor of the Websites and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while Your browser was visiting the Websites.
- To customize the content and advertisements You see when You visit the Websites.
- To measure and research the effectiveness of Allegoritmic’s interactive online content, advertisements, and other communications.
- To track Allegorithmic’s Websites analytics and use.
- The Cookies that Allegorithmic places on your computer cannot be used to retrieve any other data from your Device, to pass viruses to your Device, or capture your e-mail address.
- The Cookies are not stored more than thirteen (13) months after their first deposit on your Device. After this duration, the Cookies will be deleted and your consent will be, if needed, collected again.
You can manage your cookie preferences through adjusting your browser settings as described below.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Select the « tool » menu, and then click on « options »;
- Select the “Privacy tab”;
- Find the “cookie” menu and select your cookie preferences.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge:
- Select the « tool » menu », and then click on « Internet Options » ;
- Click on the “Privacy tab” ;
- Use the cursor to select the desired level.
- Please note that if You choose to disable essential, functionality and performance Cookies, it might affect how the Websites work.
SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Allegorithmic endeavors to take all steps reasonably necessary to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Data it collects. All information You provide to Allegorithmic is stored on secure servers, in accordance with industry standards, to protect the content and the privacy of the Personal Data that Allegorithmic may collect when rendering the Services.
All of Allegorithmic’s employees and any other third parties that are authorized by Allegorithmic to access, process or are associated with the processing of your Personal Data are obligated to respect its confidentiality.