Procedural Material Contest Terms
October 13th, 2015
“ENTRANTS WHO ARE MINORS: YOU MUST OBTAIN THE CONSENT OF YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN BEFORE ENTERING THE COMPETITION AND PARTICIPATE UNDER THEIR SUPERVISION.”
1. To be valid, a submission must follow the “Submission rules”
2. This contest is organized by Allegorithmic and sponsored by NVIDIA.
3. Teams are not permitted.
4. The trial version of Substance Designer can be extended for the duration of the contest by contacting us.
5. Members of the jury and Allegorithmic employees may not participate in the contest but are allowed to share ideas or feedback on forum threads to inspire other contestants.
6. One submission per artist per category.
7. Use of any asset that would infringe upon a copyright is prohibited.
8. Any asset deemed to be the same or too obviously similar to one currently published by any other artist will be disqualified.
9. Any image deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified. Such entries may, at Allegorithmic’s sole discretion, be deleted from the contest.
10. The challenge runs from Tuesday October 13th, 2015 to 11:59PM (PST) on November 12th, 2015. The final post for your entry must be made no later than 11:59PM (PST) on November 12th, 2015. No late entries will be accepted.
11. Artists may enter the contest at any time before its final deadline.
12. Judging will be done by a panel of judges selected by Allegorithmic.
a. Jury evaluation runs for 2 weeks: from November 13th, 2015 to November 29th, 2015.
b. Allegorithmic reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify a judge if it is determined that the judge did not act impartially. In this situation, all of the disqualified judge’s scores will be discarded, with none counting toward the final aggregate score.
c. In the event of a tie, an additional judge from Allegorithmic may intervene.
13. All dates are based on the U.S. Pacific Time zone. Entry and voting deadlines are at 11:59PM on the concerned date.
14. Allegorithmic may use work from the contest submissions for marketing purposes, and agrees to clearly credit the artist if any such artwork is used.
15. All entries are the property of the respective artists. Allegorithmic may use submitted artwork for the purpose of promotion and communication. If any artist’s work is used in this manner, the artist will be credited.
16. Allegorithmic reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entry. Allegorithmic also reserves the right to suspend, adjust the dates, modify or cancel the contest, including these rules, in any manner and at its sole discretion. This may be done with or without prior notice.
17. In the event of a dispute, ruling will be made by Allegorithmic legal counsel based upon the rules laid out herein. Legal counsel’s ruling will be final.
18. If you do not agree with any of the above terms and conditions, please do not enter the contest.