Meet MAT: the 2017 Substance 3D Painting Contest - Terms
April 27th, 2017
“ENTRANTS WHO ARE MINORS: YOU MUST OBTAIN THE CONSENT OF YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN BEFORE ENTERING THE COMPETITION.
If you are a minor and are picked as a winner, we will ask you for a confirmation of your parents or legal guardian that they agreed for you to enter this contest.
1. To be valid, a submission must follow the present terms (the “Terms”).
2. This contest is free, without any purchase obligation and organized solely by Allegorithmic SAS, a limited liability company headquartered 3 avenue Julien, 63000 Clermont-Ferrand, France, and registered under the Registry of Commerce under the number 448 617 753.
3. Teams are not permitted.
4. The trial version of Substance Designer and Substance Painter can be extended for the duration of the contest by contacting us.
5. Members of the jury and Allegorithmic employees may not participate in the contest but are allowed to share ideas or feedback on forum threads to inspire other contestants.
6. One submission per artist.
7. Use of any asset that would infringe upon a copyright or any other intellectual property right is prohibited.
8. Any artwork deemed to be the same or too obviously similar to one currently published by any other artist will be disqualified.
9. Any image deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified. Such entries may, at Allegorithmic’s sole discretion, be deleted from the contest.
10. The challenge runs from Thursday, April 27th, 2017 to May 11th, 2017. The final post for your entry must be made no later than 11:59PM (PST) on May 11th, 2017. No late entries will be accepted.
11. Artists may enter the contest at any time before its final deadline.
12. Judging will be done by a panel of judges selected by Allegorithmic:
Blair Armitage, 3D Character Artist for the gaming industry
Adam Watkins, VFX supervisor, Visual Effects Society award winner
Panos Ioannou Head of Production and Visualization, Foster + Partners - Architecture
Florian Flatau, Lead Transportation Designer, Art-Toy Creator and multidisciplinary Artist
Sébastien Deguy, CEO and founder, Allegorithmic
a. Jury evaluation will run for 7 days starting May 12th, 2017.
b. Allegorithmic reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify a judge if it is determined that the judge did not act impartially. In this situation, all of the disqualified judge’s scores will be discarded, with none counting toward the final aggregate score.
c. In the event of a tie, an additional judge from Allegorithmic may intervene.
13. All dates are based on the U.S. Pacific Time zone. Entry and voting deadlines are at 11:59PM on the concerned date.
14. All artwork entries shall remain the intellectual property of the respective artists. The artist expressly assigns to Allegorithmic with full title guarantee royalty-free and worldwide rights to use, reproduce and publish artworks from the contest submissions for marketing and communication purposes, on any medium and for the longest intellectual property rights’ duration, as provided by applicable law. Allegorithmic agrees to clearly credit the artist if such artwork is used.
15. Allegorithmic reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entry. Allegorithmic also reserves the right to suspend, adjust the dates, modify or cancel the contest, including these rules, in any manner and at its sole discretion. This may be done with or without prior notice.
16. Collected personal data shall be processed pursuant to French data privacy protection act 78-17 dated 6 January 1978. The addressee of personal data collected in accordance with the contest is the Allegorithmic Communications and Marketing department. Personal data such as email and name will be processed for marketing purposes. You have the general right to access, amend, correct or remove all of your personal data at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
17. In the event of a dispute, ruling will be made by Allegorithmic legal counsel based upon the rules laid out herein. Any dispute that would not be settled amicably shall be governed by French law.
18.The qualification as a student is valid only if the artist is currently enrolled in an education program. This will be checked, and will result in disqualification if it is not the case.
19. A French version of the present terms is available upon request at email@example.com. If you do not agree with any of the above terms, please do not enter the contest.
Detail of the prizes:
1 NVIDIA Quadro M6000
1 Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16 – 256
All 22 of the Elements Alpha Series from Artoyz
1 NVIDIA Quadro M5000
1 Wacom Cintiq Pro 16
Story Killers : Le Petit Chaperon Rouge from Artoyz
1 NVIDIA Quadro M4000
1 Wacom Intuos Pro M
ELEMENTS Fais-Le Toi-Meme from Artoyz
1 NVIDIA Quadro M4000
1 Wacom Cintiq Pro 13
Marge Mallow from Artoyz
Allegorithmic will contact the winners as soon as they are announced in order to find the best solutions to bring prizes to the winner in the shortest possible time.