Substance Painter 2
As a treat, users who purchase Substance Painter 2 before April 15th will receive a free Moodpack (value: $49) from the new Substance Store (The coupon for the Moodpack will be sent within a week’s time). Substance Store is a new place for you to find content from curated vendors and is making its first appearance today.
You can get a glimpse of the Moodpacks here.
Substance Painter 2 contains the following new features:
- Iray Path Tracer integration for advanced rendering and screenshot capability
- New Smart Masks for creating and using your own mesh-adaptive mask presets
- New Clone tool, non destructive, for copying and pasting parts of texture
- New Smudge tool, non destructive, for blending and spreading colors
- Ability to chain and composite substances
- New content in the shelf: alphas, tools, materials, smart materials, and more
- New interface with reworked colors, icons, and parameter organization
- New Orthographic view mode and Perspective Field of View control
- New Fullscreen mode with interface toggling
- Full support for the Specular/Glossiness PBR workflow
- Scripting I/O
- Non-PBR shader and template
- Full support of height & normal workflow
There is much more to this release, and you can find all details in the full release note
Substance Painter 2 is available for $149 (Indie)/$590 (Pro), or $75 (Indie)/$400 (Pro) to upgrade.
Substance Painter 2 will be released early next week on Steam (out of our control). If you are a Steam user, you can transfer your account on the Allegorithmic website if you want to upgrade, and you will get a Steam key afterwards.