Hurry! Just 24 hours Left to Enter the Materialize Contest
It’s hard to believe that four weeks have passed already, but we’re now in the final hours of the contest.
Don't be shy – show us your skills with Substance Designer!
The deadline for submitting your work is almost here: you have until Friday, November 24 at 11:59 pm (Pacific Standard Time / Los Angeles) to post your contest entry. Click on the button below:
It’s been a delight for us to see so many artists sharing their WIPs on ArtStation and Allegorithmic Forum. We are blown away by the quality of all the entries so far and can’t wait to see more of what you’ve created.
Here are a few reminders about how to submit your work and helpful resources for the race to the finish line. If you need more info, please have a look at the full contest rules here.
If you’re one of those people who likes to have everything in one place, here’s the definitive list of everything you need for the contest and where to find it:
- 30-day free trial version of the latest release of Substance Designer (currently 2017.2)
- The tutorial video
- Official Materialize watermarks and a .psd template for image renders
(A note about watermarks: Please use watermarks only on your original creations and not the images you choose for inspiration.)
Don Arceta, Lead Artist – Playground Games
Marc Austin, Build Supervisor – Double Negative
Scott DeWoody, Firmwide Creative Media Manager – Gensler
Pierre Hulot, Digital Design Manager in the French luxury industry
Nicolas Paulhac, CMF Designer, Substance Source Product Manager and @Mattershots inspiration channel founder – Allegorithmic
Nicolas Wirrmann, Substance Designer Product Manager – Allegorithmic
The jury will judge the entries on the following set of criteria:
– Reference matching accuracy
– Material level of details, complexity and technical quality
– Material tweaks and exposed parameters
– Creativity within Substance Designer (node graph screenshot)
SUBMIT YOUR MATERIAL
Submit your entries with this form
Valid submissions will include at least:
- 1 rendered image of the reference image from Mattershots + created texture (side-by-side)
- The SBS or MDL graph of the entry (file)
Want to share your work with the community? You can also post your work on Substance Share but make sure to also fill up the form if you wish that your material is considered for the contest.
- 1 image of the full SBS or MDL graph (please provide and respect 16:9 aspect ratio. 1920x1080 minimum resolution)
- Images of the maps (4K: 4096x4096)
- You can upload additional renders on the submission form. All images should be provided in 4K (4096x4096). You may also include on the form the links to posts you have made of your entry on other websites, like ArtStation, Behance, Coroflot, Evermotion, Polycount, et cetera.
We’re looking forward to seeing what you’ve done – don’t miss the deadline!