Substance in UE4
Substance in UE4 allows games and applications creators to use all the power of Substance to deliver unique experience to the final user:
- Productivity via in-engine look development and texture aspect tweaking.
- Reduction of texture file size on disk: faster downloads, happier players who don't need to wait days before playing this new shiny game.
- Dynamic texturing via runtime modifications / tweaking of Substance textures.
The plugin works for Windows and Mac builds, and will be available for mobile later.
You can find instructions about the plugin on our forum.
These parameters can also be accessed via scripting / Blueprint for runtime recomputation of the texture maps.
Substance textures are shader-agnostic and will work as input to any shader.
TutorialBack to top
Atlantis DemoBack to top
Atlantis Tech Demo
Explore a forsaken Temple and marvel at its technological artifacts from another world. Discover the power of Substance in Unreal Engine 4 (free plugin here):
- Next-gen parametric PBR textures, made with Substance Designer
- Small download size: 97% texture size reduction, from 2GB to 50MB (without any quality loss)